Location of the Technical University of Denmark

Technical University of Denmark

 

When the College of Advanced Technology was founded in 1829, Denmark had its first MSc programme in Engineering at a high academic level. The College changed its name to Danish Technical College in 1933 and finally became the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) in 1994. 

DTU has always had a strong theoretical grounding. H.C. Ørsted, the man who discovered electromagnetism, founded the College in the image of École Polytechnique in France. The objective was to educate young men to work in industry, but in the beginning DTU was not able to teach practice, so the college mainly educated technical teachers.

From 1962 to 1974, DTU moved to its current premises in Lundtofte near Lyngby, north of Copenhagen. Finally, the University had all the space it needed: More than 100 buildings are scattered across the 106-hectare great plain, which is divided into four quadrants – exactly like points in a coordinate system.

                                                   

More information can be found here.

 

https://www.eurl-pc.eu/about/location
13 DECEMBER 2018